January we celebrated Mitch's 23rd birthday. He is getting older and definitely wiser too! We went to Idaho Falls to eat, came home and had friends over for cake and ice cream. Mitch got clothing, a new razor and some awesome gift cards. We had the single man crew (All of Mitch’s buddies who are not yet married from Madison High School) here with a few of our married friends in our ward as well. It was hard to pick and choose who to invite… So we just invited everyone! The more the merrier! We had so much fun, played the bean bag game, Mafia, laughed and got a great dose of sugar from cake and ice cream. It was a fun and entertaining night. On another exciting note! Quinn and Brittany Got engaged! We are sooo happy for them! The wedding will be in Arizona on May 3rd! They are so fun to be around and such a cute couple! I am so excited to have another sister in law! Looking forward to wedding festivities.
February is the month of love. Everyone seems to be a little bit sweeter and a little bit more sentimental. We got to go to Kirt and Hailey's wedding the day after Valentines day! We are so happy and excited for them, such a beautiful and fun couple. I was spoiled rotten for my birthday. Woke up to a beautiful new dresser with a beautiful mirror for our bedroom. I love furniture.. it’s not a good addiction. We had a delicious brunch at the Merrill's Jerry's Birthday is on the 20th and Wyatt's is on the 15th so we all got together. Then we went and watched Rhett's basketball game- always a good giggle and fun to cheer on those 8 year old boys learning to gain their coordination and skills. Marianne picked out a beautiful clock for me. I love it. Mitch refers to it as Cogsworth of off Beauty and the Beast. But I love it and it looks wonderful hanging on our kitchen wall. I had Mitch rearrange our new furniture and hang it on the wall as soon as we got home! I was so excited! Then we headed to Olive Garden- A favorite. waited too long, but we couldn't resist the bread sticks and salad. It was delicious. Went to a movie- I fell asleep. Monuments of Men- it was good- according to Mitch. :)
Sometimes I forget to buy milk for 3 days and Mitch leaves his cereal on the counter because he can't eat it. Haha poor kid.
March- March Madness. Lots of fun and lots of birthday cake. Lots of fun surprises too! March was really fun and I can't believe it is already over. Mitch filled out my bracket for March Madness this year and his own as well so really he has two chances... We are still in the competition! If only Florida wins we have a chance! March kept us busy with birthday weekends, and school coming to an end. It was a great month. I also got to go with my mom, aunt Liz, Kristin, and Sara to Time out for women. It was such a fun and uplifting weekend. A fun weekend with the girls. Beth and Jared went to California, so she missed out and we missed her. March went by really quick, but I am glad. Because today marks me at 10 weeks and 3 days. Yup. Mitch and I are expecting a baby. Due October 27th 2014. We couldn't be more excited. Miracles do happen. I have learned that so many people can give you advice of when to have a baby and when not to have a baby and accomplish all you want to before you start a family., and so on and so forth. but really it is between you and your spouse and Heavenly Father. I enjoy listening to and hearing that advice because everyone has great advice. But do they know that sometimes your told at 18 years old that you will probably have to take fertility medication and have a very difficult time getting pregnant when that part of your life comes because your ovaries have cysts on them? A lot of people can judge a couple for having a baby too soon. But when your Mitch and I and you find out your pregnant without having to do all the blood work, tears, semen analysis (haha) fear and anxiety and medical treatment like clomid or In vitro fertilization IVF your start believing in miracles. Because Heavenly Father is sending us a perfect sweet little spirit that we feel beyond blessed to have. Have I been sick.. yes. Is it worth it- it will be when these 9 months have come and gone and we can hold that baby in our arms. This last week has been a very difficult week. One of my dearest friends, Maddie Stevens- lost her baby @ 20 weeks. Her hurt and pain has made my hurt ache with so much sadness and sympathy for her. I just want to take away her pain. I cherish her and can only image her pain. I have found that Heavenly Father is the only one who knows why and how things happen in this life. But I know he also gave his only son to us for when times like this come- Jesus Christ is our comfort and he knows and understands our fear, pain and trials. I have the opportunity to give a talk on the Atonement of Jesus Christ to our ward on April 27th. I was talking to Maddie about this, since I gave a talk on this subject last year on Easter Sunday and was kind of complaining about it. Maddie just looked at me and said, "Becca, I would love to give a talk on the Atonement. It is my favorite thing." My heart and eyes just swelled. Tears came and I was taught a lesson by Maddie who had just found out her little growing baby was no longer growing- and she wanted to give a talk on our Savior's atonement. She gets it. I hope she heals, I know she will and I know that someday she will raise that little baby in the next life. Life is very precious and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the atonement and that there is life after death. How lucky am I to know this. I am so excited to listen to General Conference. It begins tomorrow morning! I hope the spirit allows me to learn and grow. I love my Relief Society Sisters. I see them as my true sisters now; I love them and care about them. I want them to be happy. This year has been a learning and growing year- it seems to be hard- but so rewarding.
cs6.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)





Love You Mads!
Becca I love you so much! This was such a sweet blog post and I'm so glad you're my sister. You have an amazing testimony and I'm so happy for you guys to be having this precious baby- you'll be an amazing mom!
ReplyDeleteYou are a true friend. I have always been grateful that Maddie was surrounded by you and your spirit. It is a tender one. Good luck for you, Mitch and your precious baby. My prayers will be with all three of you. Love the guts!
ReplyDelete