Thursday, September 4, 2014

Merril life in May, June, July 2014



So April through July were really great! Better late then never! Mitch and I finished up the Spring semester with some pretty good grades. Which is surprising because the Spring Semester is theee hardest to stay motivated because summer weather sets in. Even though I was working all day every day it was hard to come home to homework when the weather was so inviting and we wanted to go outside and play. Needless to say we got our homework done assignments turned in and tests taken, but definitely didn't get our nice tan skin like summers in the past. I guess that is part of growing up. The best part of the end of the Spring semester was the moment I got on I-learn 2 or 3 days after the semester ended and my "student" tab had changed to "former student" That is the moment when I screamed so happily "halleluiah!!!" I was done with school. It was my last semester as a BYU-Idaho nursing student. BYU-Idaho provided me with a great education. So to those who find themselves complaining about BYU-Idaho try to find the positive and look for ways that the school blesses your lives, because it did mine.



I earned my BSN degree in nursing and I am so grateful for all of those who supported me through it. It is possible to go to school, work full time, be a relief society president and be a happy(most of the time pregnant) person. I don't know maybe ask Mitch how I did, he may give you a more honest response.  Mitch is now a junior! He is getting closer and closer! Time is going by quickly. So to be honest my pregnancy has gone by so quickly. I think from January to July it didn't really hit me that I was actually expecting a sweet little baby girl because I was so distracted with good things to keep me busy. 





 In May we went to Arizona to Quinn and Brittany's wedding. It was SO beautiful and pretty hot. Brittany and Quinn were so happy and it was such a fun weekend with the Merrill family. They were married in the newly dedicated Gilbert Temple. All temples are very beautiful, but this one had a majestic staircase inside and was so beautiful.  Brittany's family was so sweet and it was fun to meet them. We got to eat some Paletas Betty Mexican Popsicle. Talk about best thing on the planet. I got 2 and didn't regret it one single bit.





June was filled with another beautiful wedding of Karli and Brady Walker. Karli has been my life long best friend. She married Brady Walker in the Salt Lake temple. They were a stunning couple and seemed so happy. It was so special to be at these two weddings to support some special people who we love so much.

Mitch and Mom- we went to the Red Iguana,  delicious Mexican food.




Luckily Mitch was actually fun to be around on this 4th of July- you can read my post from last July.. But if not I'll remind you that Mitch had some pretty serious bites and was completely miserable. Looking back now, we laugh at how horrible it was. Some evidence in the picture below...
One thing I have learned about Mitch, he doesn't have the typical reaction. He has really,really, really bad reaction and allergies and his body likes to manifest them very well. Whether its a bug bite, misquote bite, cat or dog hair, anything really his body gives a pretty good response. Also benadryl knocks him out almost immediately. It's like his kryptonite or something ;)


Then my belly started to really pop at the end of July beginning of August. Like people were actually staring as my stomach. Being at work surrounded by little kiddos is probably my favorite place to receive staring eyes. Kids that are 5 years old and up like to look at it and the parents are even better at checking out my belly.  I smile and in my head say, "Yes, I am pregnant, but still completely capable of giving your child a shot." All the wonderful nurses I work with have been so great to hold down the legs for our kinder-vaccines, since those 4,5 and 6 year olds tend to freak out once they realize that getting shots for school isn't really what they expected. The Doctor's I work with have been so great as well. I work with the best Pediatricians in Rexburg. 





This is completely random , but we went to two country concerts this year so far.. Lady Antebellum and Scotty McCreery. Great times. Loved them, but loved my date more. 

July we made it to West Yellowstone and we drove through the park. We saw a whole herd of buffalo! Even little baby ones. Mitch and I had to go to Bear World a week later to actually see Bears and some more wildlife. Bear World was pretty fun and we watched the baby cubs for about an hour.









May-June-July was pretty great!






No comments:

Post a Comment