Tuesday, December 23, 2014

November 2014 - December 2014

Brooklyn @ her newborn appointment was  6 pounds 9 ounces
Brooklyn @ her two week appointment weighed in at 7 pounds 13 ounces
Brooklyn @ her 2 month appointment was 11 pounds 2 ounces, 23 inches long.
She is growing so quickly!!! I can't handle it!


Motherhood has taught me a variety of things I never thought I would learn-
For instance as a new mother you have to learn not to take things personally when people make comments about your baby. My mama bear instincts set in on day one with Brooklyn.
Also your exhaustion kicks in the moment you get settled in to your home with your new baby. Sleep deprivation is a real thing. I now understand why my Grandma kept saying, "sleep when the baby sleeps". It is a lot easier said then done, with company and trying to eat yourself it is hard to sleep.
Breastfeeding has also a learning experience and it takes patience, with yourself and with your new sweet baby. I am so lucky I have been able to supply nutrients for Brooklyn, it is a demanding, but rewarding experience to feed your baby.























I have found that your love your spouse even deeper as you become a family of 3.
Mitch has been a great Dad. He was definitely a transition with his classes and working and a new baby and not sleeping. I love him more for all that he has done for Brooklyn and I.
I also see now, why a child needs a mother and a father. Mitch loves Brooklyn just as much as me, but he shows her differently and interacts differently then I do. Brooklyn loves her Daddy.
Brooklyn is smiling now, sleeping through the night much better and continually is adding joy to our lives.


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Merrills. We celebrated Thanksgiving Thursday, did a surprise party for Bree on Friday along with temple sealing as a family. Saturday we celebrated Christmas since we will all be with the side of the family for Christmas. Then Sunday we blessed Brooklyn, so it was definitely an eventful weekend and a very special one at that. Here are some pictures..



I will head back to work in January, just working Thursday Mornings, taking call and working the Saturday rotation.

We celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 15th of December. Mitch got me some beautiful flowers and surprised me with gator jacks lunch. I got him  a wallet and symphony bar :) We got to go to Jackson Hole and spend the night in at Miller Park Lodge. It was a beautiful sight- all the snow and Christmas lights. It was fun to get away from Rexburg- Mitch was also so happy to be done with the semester. Here are a few pictures of the fun trip!





















We also moved this semester- which was insane, but glad we have a bigger apartment and a washer and dyer!


Christmas is just 2 days away! We will be spending it with the Willmore family and I am really excited to go spend sometime with my family. I have learned how the Savior is aware of us, every day- especially when you are a new mom and are trying really hard and trying to be the best mom you can be. He gives you strength to accomplish the most important thing- being a mother. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful that he knows what I am going through. The Holy Ghost- has also been a huge blessing in my life and given me important promptings as Mitch and I have begun parenthood.



















No comments:

Post a Comment