February- Well it started out pretty rough. I am just going to vent about it
for a minute- I had to have surgery- due to child birth. Never expected to go
through something like that- nor do I ever want to again. Brooklyn is well
worth anything and everything- so technically I would do it again and again
just to have my Sweet baby girl...
Anyway, that was unpleasant- here is why:
I was scheduled for surgery Monday morning Feb. 2nd - mind you Mitch
had 4 TESTS that week AND my mom was sick with the flu AND they were planning
on going out of town on Wednesday. When your mom is sick everything falls
apart... Moms are so important and so needed. I hope every mother realizes
that. Well, Beth saved my bacon and watched Brooklyn- then her kiddos got sick
with throwing up stuff- Beth is such a saint. Then Marianne saved my bacon by
watching Brooklyn the rest of Monday. My Dad and Mitch helped me at the
hospital. Thank goodness for family. By the way Mitch and I have the best
family members. Really we do. We are so blessed. Also, because of the
anesthesia I couldn't breast feed Brooklyn for 24 hours. It was just pretty
difficult and emotional and hard... then the Lord really wanted to test our
faith when the Stake President showed up are our doorstep on Tuesday evening
Feb. 3rd, which is when he extended a calling to Mitch... Elders Quorum
President of Rexburg Student Married 32nd Ward. Holy smokes... next thing I
know I am puking my guts out due to the pain medication... I cried tears that
night...honestly, I was very overwhelmed and felt horrible
for causing so much added stress on everyone else- especially Mitch. So to get
to the point of why am even typing this experience down.. is for this reason- to remind me of sweet blessings when times are hard. The first
two weeks of February we down right rough and even though they were
rough, I found out that my Savior was the one person who loves and
understands me perfectly- because he too has felt my same emotions, physical
pain, worries and concerns. February truly means the love month this year
from my family, from Mitch - not only for Valentine’s day- which I love, but
because my Savior wrapped his arms around me and helped me get through some
really challenging days.
I know that he is there to pick us up when we are down and to walk with us
when we have really good days as well. He is always there- comforting us and
bringing us peace.
For Valentine’s Day Mitch got me a beautiful rose and we shared some
chocolate covered strawberries- went a delicious breakfast and then spent the
day outside enjoying this crazy warm weather in February.
Brooklyn turned 4 months old.
She has eaten rice cereal and prunes! Yum!
February 2015- let’s finish off with turning 23 years old- embracing my age,
loving my husband more fully and cherishing my precious baby girl each moment I
have with her.
I love February. I love my Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment